There are some crafty activities from summer camp that never seem to vanish from our lives entirely, even if our days of bunk beds and color wars have long passed. Sure, I’ll always reserve a little soft spot in my heart for neon lanyard, but tie-dye is a motif that can actually translate to snob life! Here, my favorite pieces of the moment that have been knotted up with rubber bands and dunked in Rit…Well, with a way more refined take on the process.
1. Thakoon Addition Speckled Tie-Dye Dress: Another example of why I love Thakoon’s diffusion line: all of the lighthearted creativity and ease of silhouette, for a price that’s easy to handle. Exclusively at Barneys New York for $590.
2. Milly Azores Printed Kaftan and Positano Printed Triangle Bikini Top: Multiply your tie-dyes for a matched-up effect that looks anything but stiff. Let Milly’s coordinating bikini top peek through the breezy cut of this kaftan and you’ll exude a sun-loving attitude. Net-a-Porter, $280, and Net-a-Porter, $100.
3. Isabel Marant Lia Ruched Fine-Knit Jersey Dress: It doesn’t have to be an allover print to make a big impact. Isabel’s sexy mini is accented in earthy braids, bringing brazen new meaning to the red dress. On Net-a-Porter for $2,195.
4. Kelly Wearstler Dune Tie-Dye Suede Jacket: The leather blazer just got a June makeover. Kelly’s relaxed way with suede makes this a multi-season item. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,020 (from $1,700).
5. Current/Elliott The Stiletto Tie Dye-Print Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans: This brand’s cropped skinny Stiletto has become a closet staple. This season, update and trade your python and leopard prints for rustic tie-dye. On Net-a-Porter for $220.