Vacations are for getting out of your comfort zone, but not literally! The sandals you take on your next escapade should be something you wouldn’t or couldn’t normally wear at home. Veer away from your day-to-day perfected look and be adventurous.
But you must be comfortable; there is nothing odder than seeing 6″ platform stiletto pumps in 84-degree weather on the sandy boardwalk (yes, lady I saw yesterday, I’m talking about you!). While I’m in Cancun for Spring Break, all I want is color, color, color and if not color, python. I’ll even take faux – it is time to lighten up, after all!
1. Belle by Sigerson Morrison Mika Mixed-Media Leather T-Strap Slingback Sandals: Rustic hemp sets the casual tone for snake-embossed and metallic silver straps, which amps up this sandal into good-time territory. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $150.
2. Cole Haan Bridget Patent Leather Colorblock Thong Sandals: With sunshine-slick shine, this comfortably padded flat is as neutral as it is welcoming. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $148.
3. Maison Martin Margiela Line 22 Ankle Wrap Flat Sandal: Get in touch with your inner earth goddess. Thick, rugged leather like this will look enchanting with long, white dresses and gypsy skirts. At Barneys New York for $395.
4. Maiyet Gladiator Sandal: Maiyet shows that an easy brown flat, with just a bit of gladiator reference, doesn’t have to skip on glamour. The golden bit makes them pop. At Barneys New York for $695.
5. Ralph Lauren Collection Maeve Embellished Leather Sandals: Play the part of the exotic gypsy babe with these bead and metal coin-embellished sandals. Straps wrap all around your foot for an organic effect. On Net-a-Porter for $595.