Now that I’ve reviewed a whole powder room’s worth of summer products, from pre-sun to mid to post-sun, my sultry-weather arsenal is complete. I’ve pared down the goods to the best of the best, so you can combat the sun – and also enjoy it! – and meet September with a radiant face, super-smooth skin, and a healthy mane of hair.
1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid Extreme: This deliciously light, liquid-y texture might feel meek and mild, but with SPF60, it’s anything but. Take the small tube on a trip and forget about coming into contact with damaging rays.
On Drugstore.com for $29.50.
2. Korres Yoghurt Gel: After a day in the searing sun (especially on equator-friendly vacations), it doesn’t matter how much you hid under your floppy hat. You’re skin is still craving quenching refreshment, and this cooling gel delivers.
At Sephora for $23.50.
3. Malin + Goetz Peppermint Shampoo: Peppermint helps clear your mind – and clean your humidity-stricken hair. This all-natural shampoo leaves no residue, but it will leave you invigorated with a fresh, delightfully tingly sensation.
At Barneys New York for $36.
4. Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen: There’s nothing worse than finding yourself with brassy highlights after a day outside. Give your hair the same treatment as your body, and protect it with SPF12. Just a mist will save you from a pricy trip back to the salon.
On Amazon for $29.88.
5. Cremo Cream Superior Shave Cream: Ready for a season of flaunting bare legs? Me neither! But this deluxe cream will help get you there. It reduces the risk of cuts and irritation, and it actually gives you closer shave, so you won’t have to grab the razor as often.
On Amazon for $8.