I’m tired of not knowing where to put my clutch when I’m having a drink or in the bathroom stall. Enough is enough! I’m even trying to invent something to mitigate this problem but in the meantime, it’s only handle-clutches for me. No more tucking my prized bags in my armpit or squeezing them to me and praying they don’t hit the floor.
Other than the logistical benefits, a beautiful clutch can be shown off properly when your hand isn’t all over it. Unlike a wristlet that dangles away from view, my favorite picks are showy when they’re carried. If only all problems could be solved in such an attractive way!
1. Stella McCartney Woven Faux Leather Clutch: Proving patio furniture can be chic! Even if you don’t have time to laze on the porch swing with a mojito, this rich fuchsia will keep you in high spirits. On Net-a-Porter for $825.
2. MICHAEL Michael Kors Berkley Python-Effect Leather Clutch: It’s been done time and again, but Kors executes minimal geometry well. The handle is proportional and the python print is just lovely. On Net-a-Porter for $225.
3. Pierre Hardy Top-Handle Suede Clutch: There is not enough Pierre Hardy love in the world. He deserves more, especially in this case. I love this classic bag and in leopard, the love is increased. At Barneys New York for $1,050.
4. Elaine Turner Summer Bamboo Clutch: I’ll be the first to note this bamboo-handled clutch is bit of a Gucci knockoff. But in summery bright yellow and for $225, I’m okay with the whole thing. At Neiman Marcus for $225.
5. McQ Alexander McQueen Python-Print Leather And Wood Box Bag: I loved it in cherry and in natural python, it’s my favorite one here. This wood-paneled clutch has a lunchbox feel that’s young and adorable. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $490.