The new crop of studded shoes boasts a welcomed delicacy. These are not the in-your-face, pointy, weapon-like studs of seasons past. Modern studs translate to a softer, kinder, and sophisticated version. Whether it’s an affable flat or a bedecked platform, this is not-so-heavy metal:
1. Alexander McQueen T-Strap Studded Slingback Pump: Let’s start with the boldest of the bunch. Glistening like sand in the sun, McQueen’s dazzling nude is over-the-top but still refined.
On Zappos Couture for $1,460.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Studded T-Strap Sandal: Just when you decide the iconic shoe has seen its heyday, a new sprinkling of mixed-up metal studs pulls you back in.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,095.
3. Alice + Olivia Studded Strappy Sandal: Six-inches of a split, stacked heel, and rows of straps to match, this is trendy and fabulous – at a great price.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $345.
4. Miu Miu Studded Starfish Flat Sandal: With studs bringing more shiny texture than heavy-metal edge, I want this sweet starfish wrapped around my foot all summer.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $690.
5. Giuseppe Zanotti Crystal-Studded Toe-Ring Thong Sandal: Is there a sexier summer flat than this? I think not! The absolute minimum of coverage with the maximum amount of impact.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $650.