Summer-season goodies just went on sale, but I’m already planning my Fall 2012 wardrobe (snobs always have to stay a step ahead). At the top of my list: a LBB, as in little black bag. But basic black is boring, you say? Far from it! The darkest shade in the spectruym allows texture, detailing, and delicious skin to take the spotlight. Choose to add shine to your black or keep it easy and matte. Whichever black speaks to you, the darkest hour is soon upon us!
1. Victoria Beckham Victoria Mini Leather Tote: Simply put, this bag is simply chic. Smooth, tailored, and refined, this is the ultimate LBB.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,950.
2. McQ Alexander McQueen Leather Bucket Tote: Bondage has never looked so inviting! I can’t wait to take the reigns with this hip, harnessed bucket tote.
At Neiman Marcus for $805.
3. Gucci 1973 Patent-Leather Bag: Gucci is having a major seventies moment, and so am I. This retro revamp injects potent high-gloss shine.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,650.
4. Salvatore Ferragamo Darya East/West Hobo: Calf-hair as rich as this has the look of untamed, feral satin, and the duffle-inspired shape makes it super-modern.
At Neiman Marcus for $2,450.
5. Christian Louboutin Sybil Reversible Tote: Though Louboutin’s dual-sided daytime classic comes in all colors and animal prints, tough black leather has unparalleled appeal.
At Barneys New York for $1,295.
6. Ralph Lauren Black Ricky Bag: When it comes to standout basic blacks, the Ricky is unrivaled. A classic to last a lifetime.
At Ralph Lauren for $3,500.