Actually, I’m not so sure anyone’s name has ever really been Rio, but it is a south-of-the-equator city filled with inspiration! Forget urban chic. Wild, unfiltered, unfettered Brazil is where it’s at for awe-inspiring bags at the moment. Take a cue from Carnival and revel in a bag that inspires you to let loose, sweat it out, and enjoy the thrills of Rio de Janeiro.
1. Jimmy Choo Cailin Patchwork Clutch: Brazilian girls love to dance! With a chunky wrist-cuff, an earthy mash-up of exotics is the ideal night-out bag. On Net-a-Porter for $8,295.
2. Chloé Paprika Python Skin Shoulder Bag: Oceanside glam goes to new heights with these shades of seashells, pink side, and sunset in dreamy, vacation-worthy python. On Ssense for $4,130.
3. Milly Market Printed Tote: The night might meet the dawn, but half the fun of Rio involves the brightly shining sun. Keep your bikini teeny and your tote cheerful and roomy. At Bergdorf Goodman for $295.
4. Tumi Anna Sui Vapor International Carry-On Suitcase: Indulge in some festive flair before you even take off. Anna Sui’s exuberant hard shell depicts an abstract butterfly. At Nordstrom for $545.
5. Christian Louboutin 20th Annversary Artemis Plumes Python Shoulder Bag: Paradise found! Brazilians aren’t shy and this special-edition winged wonder appeals to the ultimate reveler’s sense of fun. On Net-a-Porter for $8,995.