You know the expression, “Take a picture, it’ll last longer”? So not true when it comes to the camera-bag trend! Actually, the style is a long-standing staple, thanks to a pert shape that’s just the right size for basics, photographic or otherwise.
Even if you’re a little camera shy when it comes to posing, or you don’t know a 35mm from a medium format, who cares? Take advantage of summer’s big photo op and become a girl on film with these photogenic bags.
1. Proenza Schouler Leather Camera Case: The bag that set it all off this season, it looks so much more professional in black than fun bright green. With kitschy-glam detailing, the paparazzi will be all over you.
At Opening Ceremony for $1,850.
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Axial Patchwork Camera Bag: Who needs a flash when you have the pizzazz of Lim’s quirky patchwork? Metallic silver, electric blue, and ridged and pebbly textures make for more modern art, less photography.
On Ssense for $556 (from $695).
3. Mulberry Postmans-Lock Camera Bag: Appropriating their trademark two-strapped style to a cuter, spunkier little shape, this versatile day bag looks both classic and refreshed.
On Ssense for $1,000.
4. WGACA Vintage Chanel Suede Camera Bag: Proving this style outlasts most Polaroids, vintage Chanel suede looks cooler than ever at the moment.
On Shopbop for $2,750.
5. Derek Lam Newton Camera Bag: Out of the Fall collection, this chic, satin-lined take will safely house your precious zoom lens or your phone and makeup. Or both!
Available for preorder at Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,390 (expect delivery by October 15th).