Snakeskin never gets old. Especially when it’s brand-new, set in color schemes and treatments to refresh the eye and revive the senses. From the snakes-in-the-grass to jump on right now (like a lightened-up PS1) to the slithery exotics that will give you something worthwhile to look forward to come fall (see The Row), here are a few more reasons why the snake is a powerful creature. All available at Barneys New York.
1. Proenza Schouler PS1 Small Bleached Python Tote ($4,825): Bleaching: so hard on hair, tricky on jeans, and delicious on python! This sandy tote is a perfect early-summer pick-me-up.
2. Fendi Snakeskin Small Chameleon Duffel ($4,360): Elaphe looks good enough to eat in butterscotch and dark chocolate. Somehow the name “duffel bag” just doesn’t do this justice.
3. Nina Ricci Quilted Snakeskin Smile Bag ($2,150): Good things come to those who wait. Like double the texture, when karung gets quilted to divinely plush effects. Available for pre-order (expect delivery in October).
4. Zagliani Python Animalier Easy Clutch ($1,750): In a tote, zebra-effect python is too much, but in flirty clutch form it’s just decadent enough to have loads of nighttime fun with.
5. The Row Python Classic Baguette Clutch ($5,500): The structured clutch becomes a drop-dead femme fatale in blood-red. Dangerous yet practical. Available for pre-order (expect delivery in September).