Natural linen, canvas and raffia are the most summery fabrics you’ll find, but add bright orange trim and you’ve suddenly got sunshine on your shoulders. I love this color pairing; my linen pants and shorts always manage to find a bright orange top. It is a natural fit – the burst of hot hue plays the refreshing yin to the unfussy neutrality of an organic weave’s yang.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Solid Straw Jane’s Friend Elaine Bag: A kooky name and a smart combination. Woven nylon has the look of straw and twice the durability.
On Shopbop for $258.
2. Victoria Beckham Leather and Canvas Shoulder Bag: Victoria proves once again she is a master of chic with this polished, not prissy, take. Surprisingly cheeky, just like her.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,750.
3. Rebecca Minkoff Canvas Zip-Top Tote: Minkoff makes a strong foray into big, bold totes with this contrasting canvas-and-leather carryall.
At Rebecca Minkoff for $250.
4. Space Linen Canvas and Fluo Leather Tote: On sale and right on time, the everyday shopper gets a Day-Glo upgrade with that splash of citrus I crave.
On Luisa via Roma for $251 (from $359).
5. Valextra Capri Compass Large Tote: Follow your compass – and your eye for sleek design – to Valextra’s tote. Two pure panels of white is a doubled-up breath of fresh air.
At Barneys New York for $1,420.