It’s not even close to fall yet, but it’s never really fall without a brand-new leather jacket. And it’s that time: the Fall 2012 gear has just been unleashed, courtesy of Luisa via Roma. Will you spring for a new silhouette (boyish and boxy, wild and theatrical), gain some fringe benefits, or wear your style on your sleeve?
1. Givenchy Ponyskin-Sleeve Heavy Nappa Biker Jacket ($3,919): Next season, the sleeves have it. Case it point: Givenchy’s flawless blend of polished pony and rugged hide. Expect delivery by August 31st.
2. Balmain Quilted Oversize Nappa Leather Jacket ($10,510): The super-boxy cut may be all man, but there’s nothing masculine about the gentle hue or fanciful hardware. And then there’s the price… Expect delivery by September 30th.
3. Isabel Marant Fringed Suede Leather Jacket ($2,364): Those with a sense of humor ought to spring for Isabel’s heavily fringed suede. It’s a new staple for the urban cowgirl. Expect delivery by September 30th.
4. Haider Ackermann Ruffled Nappa Leather Jacket ($5,520): Go all-out asymmetrical with Haider’s dramatically statement-making take. The shape might not be subtle, but the nuanced details are. Expect delivery by September 30th.
5. Alexander McQueen Mongolia Textured Nappa Leather Jacket ($5,758): I am all about the sleek, sexy structure and voluminous intensity of McQueen’s cozy and flattering design. An investment purchase to carry you through many more autumns to come. Expect delivery by September 30th.