This fall, I’m going to be sporting short motorcycle boots for cold weather (for me, that means every third day – most days don’t require a closed-toe shoe). With slinky, slim jeans or under wider cuts, a youthfully low style is the go-to boot for casual moments. Even better, give your evening looks a twist. When attitude is a must for going out, tough and boyish boots are creative fun to dress up.
1. Fiorentini + Baker Chad Low Motorcycle Boot: This Italian brand is a longstanding moto staple for off-duty models and in-the-know pedestrians alike. This extra-low silhouette, in rugged suede, will even look cute with flirty summer dresses. On Farfetch for $376 (from $470).
2. rag & bone Astor Moto Boot: Forget clunky hardware. The trusty label for brilliant basics delivers a sleek zipper in yellow gold, for a flash of femininity. At Nordstrom for $575.
3. Jimmy Choo Youth Short Biker Boot: If you want to feel luxe while you look cool, Choo is the way to go. This works a fine balance between glam girl and biker babe. At Nordstrom for $895.
4. Maison Martin Margiela Suede Motorcycle Boots: Lighten up the look with distressed vanilla suede. The ringed hardware is a fluid and easy alternative to the chunky buckle. On Ssense for $598 (from $855).
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Espresso Motorcycle Boots: Frugally yours, these have all the classic trimmings: lug sole, tonal stitching, traditional buckles, for a boot that promises to outlast the trends. On Ssense for $350.