In honor of Independence Day and all the fireworks and barbecue fun that come with it, I’ve elected an eternal color combination I don’t usually seek out: red, white, and blue! From stars to stripes to anchors and abstractions, I’m feeling unusually patriotic at the moment. Show your Fourth-of-July love with a casual bag, perfect for a long day in the grass and sand.
1. TOTeM Salvaged Appliquéd Cotton Clutch: Quintessential stars and stripes! It doesn’t get more patriotic than that, so carry this clutch with tongue-in-cheek attitude.
On Net-a-Porter for $275.
2. D&G Printed Satin-Twill Shoulder Bag: Nautical anchors get a streetwise makeover when they’re drawn to graffiti effects. Then flip it around for an ornate motif.
On Net-a-Porter for $905.
3. Black Fleece Canvas Tote: Keep it super-laidback with this preppy tote. At just $150, it’s frugally yours for picnic accoutrements, extra bathing suits, and magazines.
At Barneys New York for $150.
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Jacobsen Stripe Bag: Young and sunny, this big, striped tote will be the star of the beach. A guilt-free bag to toss around from the Fourth to Labor Day.
At Matches Fashion for $180 (from $259).
5. Jack Spade Chinatown Card Holder: When the combo is as bold as this, sometimes a powerfully print little cardholder is all you need to show your true colors.
At Barneys New York for $95.