Wallflowers, avert your eyes! Statement shoes have gotten increasingly intense over the past several years, from the heel-less six-inchers to cocktails of neon, Lucite, studs, and beyond. But you ain’t seen nothin’ yet! It is on for Fall 2012, and leave it to always avant garde Luisa via Roma to grant you first dibs on the ultimate conversation pieces.
1. Versace Patent Leather Pumps ($997): This multi-toned concoction of vivid layers is like a new toy for shoe snobs. Play around with juxtaposing colors and prints – and a whole lot of attitude. Expect delivery by September 15th.
2. Dsquared2 Lalique Studs and Flower Pumps ($1,614): Sugar or spice? You don’t have to compromise when you get the sweet, double-trouble combo of this flora-meets-hardware pump. Expect delivery by September 30th.
3. Rodarte Canvas-Filled Plexi Boots ($1,686): You heard about Rodarte’s sandbox-gone-chic boots back when they first hit the runway. Now these crazy-hot numbers can be yours. Hey, there’s no rule about not wearing sand after Labor Day! Expect delivery by September 30th.
4. Charlotte Olympia Luna Suede Pumps ($936): Make no mistake: Charlotte Olympia is not afraid to flaunt her inner kook. Perform some glamorous profiling on your own feet and expect stares to follow. Expect delivery by July 31st.
5. Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Spiked Sculptural Wedges ($3,025): Lady Gaga, eat your heart out (if she hasn’t already gotten to these). As if sparkling studs and medieval spikes weren’t enough, the sheer construction of this shoe is a feast for the eyes.