What was once merely a cult product for girls who had never touched a surfboard but wanted to look like they could hang ten and city-slickers who yearned for a touch of the salty ocean in their beauty routine is now a hair-arsenal mainstay for any and every snob who likes a little bit of sexy tousle to her mane. Here, the top five sprays for getting that sea-breezy, beach-bum look:
1. Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray: The attractive packaging lured me in and the gorgeous scent got me hooked, but this versatile spray offers more than just surfer hair. With moisturizing oils, you can add more throughout the day with zero buildup.
On Amazon for $35.
2. Charlotte Ronson A Perfect Mess Beach Hair: The same says it all, but what makes Charlotte’s spray special is the infusion of Light Filter Technology for shine that adjusts according to your lighting!
At Sephora for $20.
3. Sachajuan Ocean Mist: This Swedish brand’s products are as clean and pure as their minimalist bottles. Free of parabens, sulfates, and anything bad, once it’s sprinkled through your locks, twist with your fingertips for piece-y texture.
At Sephora for $28.
4. Frédéric Fekkai Summer Hair Beach Waves: Sea kelp extract keeps your hair refreshed, a UV shield prevents colored hair from fading, and marine peptides revitalize damaged locks for all-around style and protection.
On Amazon for $27.50.
5. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: The original, the classic. Bumble and Bumble were among the first to bless us with salt-sprayed hair and it doesn’t get more quintessentially beachy than this.
On Amazon for $28.99.