Here’s a look I’m getting on top of, literally. The best new cap-toes are seriously shiny and mesmerizingly metallic. One with some gloss to it adds extra polish and formality to any style of shoe, whether we’re talking working-girl pump or night-owl boot. Actually, I love flats that showcase the cap-toe almost more than heels with the gleaming detail – it’s just the right touch to bring a sense of dress to an easy ballerina.
1. Jimmy Choo Winnie Glitter Ballerina Flat: Choo has an appealing way with glitter few can master. With a burst of shine, these sparkly slippers are pure polish.
At Neiman Marcus for $425.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Metallic Cap-Toe Leopard-Print Calf Hair Loafer: Holy chic! The spotted smoking shoe has never looked better, thanks to a Midas touch.
At Neiman Marcus for $795.
3. Casadei Cap-Toe Leather Knee Boot: Sex is served via this seductive knee-high boot. Surprisingly, the hottest part is the silver cap-toe.
At Neiman Marcus for $1,600.
4. Valentino Toe-Cap Suede Pumps: I’ll take my newest black pumps with a hearty side of heavy-metal, 24-karat studs, please.
On Net-a-Porter for $795.
5. Prada Suede Toe Cap Platform Pumps: A retro silhouette looks fabulously futuristic with the injection of slim metallic detailing.
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $790.