Crimson, oxblood, primary, and bordeaux: the color ranges from the subtle to the sensational, but Fall 2012’s best booties are all sexy and vampy. Red ankle boots are so good with all the black clothes we expect to see next season, so let the rest of your outfit remain neutral (or if you’re more daring, contrast and clash) and let your shoes make the statement.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Oxblood Leather Amarena Wedge Boots: In black, they are tough-girl chic. In oxblood, they are simply to die for. Wear these with everything from inky jeans to dresses of opposing hues, like cobalt or white.
On Ssense for $1,245.
2. Giuseppe Zanotti Peep-Toe Shoe Boot: Fierce and bright, sometimes you need to get straight to the point: a burst of red-hot suede that’s made to get noticed.
On Farfetch for $736.
3. Miu Miu Suede Bow Peep-Toe Bootie: This deep shade is the most whimsical by far. I would juxtapose these sweet, curvaceous booties with a pair of black leather leggings.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $790.
4. Alexander McQueen Oxblood Leather Buckle Booties: Bondage and equestrian themes meld seamlessly on these improperly British booties, packed with mesmerizing details.
On Ssense for $1,360.
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Maroon Chelsea Booties: Keep it easy and casual, trading your black Chelseas for a pair with loads more personality. This heel is just enough to give some height, without putting you on an incline.
On Ssense for $450.