What’s black and gold and worthy of being worn all over? Shoes with solid-gold sleekness, two-tone spunk, and easygoing neutrality. Deep matte black and metallic gold is a classic pairing, so don’t think of this as a fleeting fall trend – though these picks are supremely au courant. Think of them as an enduring way to work high drama and high versatility in unison.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Cardinal: The force is with you when you’re sporting the bold-impact shield, somehow effortless in black and gold. And now it’s on sale!
At Barneys New York for $679 (from $1,675).
2. Marni Tie-Front Oxford: A ladylike pop of gold on a gentlemanly style makes for a great boy-meets-girl shoe, ideal for a loose, cropped trouser and ample spunk.
At Barneys New York for $700.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Mae: Go on and dip your toes in molten gold. YSL ensures these square-toed pumps are timelessly chic (and they’re very Catherine Deneuve in Belle de Jour).
At Barneys New York for $1,095.
4. Charlotte Olympia Lucinda Golden Platform Ankle Boot: As wearable and practical as it is striking, Charlotte sets her suede bootie apart with a special island platform.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $995.
5. Diane von Furstenberg Botswana Two-Tone Ballerina Flat: A shake-up on the cap-toe ballet flat, this delivers opposing patent and metallic leathers in chic and easy fashion.
At Neiman Marcus for $198.