I don’t know about you, but sometimes seeing a metallic dress makes me want to shout, “Cocktails?! Cocktails?!” in the Las Vegas-waitress singsong tone. But these elegant frocks are not of your Caesar’s Palace cocktail-waitress variety. More genuinely cosmopolitan than The Cosmopolitan, they are meant for drinking cocktails, not serving them.
1. Rachel Zoe Daria Metallic Dress: Box-pleats give this sweet creation ample ladylike flounce, while the short hemline brings some sauciness.
At Neiman Marcus for $425.
2. Trina Turk Metallic Melange Dress: Limestone metallic-threaded jacquard might read girlish sparkle, but the silhouette of this dress is all woman.
At Neiman Marcus for $298
3. Stella McCartney Metallic Bustier Dress: This is the ultimate. It doesn’t get more exquisite than Stella’s peplum- and sweetheart-detailed creation.
At Neiman Marcus for $3,445.
4. Girl. By Band of Outsiders Tiered Floral-Print Dress: Bring a sense of ‘20s joie de vivre to the party, along with a bohemian edge, thanks to the floral pattern.
On Net-a-Porter for $695.
5. Victoria, Victoria Beckham Dropped-Waist Jacquard Dress: Catch the light – and more than a few eyes – with this ornate little number, shimmering with modern intensity.
On Net-a-Porter for $895.