Twinkling toes never exactly go out of style, but every once in awhile, I’m particularly enticed by some sparkle. Especially when it comes in the form of a high-shine boot. When sequins and glitter are delivered via a funky Chelsea or a chunky ankle boot, there’s no fuss and no prissiness. Suddenly, it’s your prerogative to let it shine anytime you damn well please.
1. Miu Miu Glitter-Finished Leather Chelsea Boots: Miu Miu’s glitter finish is one of their enduring staples, so what makes these flats extra-special is the row of Swarovski crystals trimming the low metal heel. On Net-a-Porter for $750.
2. Madison Harding Ricky Glitter Booties: These frugal booties look anything but. I love the contrast of shiny sequins and a modern, sculpted and pointed shape. On ShopBop for $233.
3. Giuseppe Zanotti Metallic Stingray-Effect and Python-Effect Leather Boots: Kate Moss-types would be wise to pounce on these mock-exotic booties, perfect for bringing texture to your cropped skinnies. On Net-a-Porter for $850.
4. Christian Louboutin Rock and Gold Leather Ankle Boots: When shine is as good as gold, it need not be complicated. Twenty-four-carat booties never, ever go out of style. On My Theresa for $1,095.
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Sequined Leather Ankle Boots: No New Year’s Eve sequins here. Block heels like these mean you can shine all day, every day, guilt-free. On Net-a-Porter for $395.