I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: nothing helps ease the pain (and disgruntlement) of a dreary, soggy, rainy day like a great pair of rain boots. They may have done the trick in seasons past, but this year leaves me craving something more unique than Hunter Wellies. A pair that elevates you out of the puddles and into the realm of true snobbiness. Here, my top five pairs for keeping the rain from taking you down!
1. RED Valentino Bow-Detailed PVC Wellington Boots: Nothing like a quintessential Valentino bow to take a PVC boot from blah to bangin’. These bring a youthful wink that makes me smile.
On Net-a-Porter for $195.
2. Burberry Shoes & Accessories Rubber Mid-Calf Boots: A wrap-around strap, accented with a bronzy buckle, is just the thing to fill the void on a pair of simple black galoshes.
On Net-a-Porter for $275.
3. Love Moschino Rainboots: Inject some humor into your gloomy day with oil-slick shine and chain-link strap, accented with charms. Simply because why not?!
On Zappos Couture for $220.
4. KORS Michael Kors Stormette Motorcycle Rain Boot: Who could even tell this is a rain boot? This is moto-tough all the way, right to the seams. You won’t even have to change shoes when you go inside.
At Neiman Marcus for $125.
5. Topshop Dino Tortoiseshell Wellies: With no sun ruling out the possibility of wearing your tortoiseshell frames, make up for it with a frugal-approved pair of pick-me-ups.
At Topshop for $52.