I am more adventurous with my shoes than I am with bags. Wild and crazy shoes are less of a commitment than a wildly embellished bag! They aren’t as in your face, so you can get away with more. Just as Robert Pruitt did for bags, so he has done for shoes! Partnering with Jimmy Choo for this capsule collection, the contemporary artist claims, “I like to push the boundaries and push buttons, and maybe push the limits of good taste.” Pruitt has been a part of the New York art scene since the late ‘80s. Bright colors and animal print dominate on these shoes, as dégradé color and glitter zebra are some of his signature styles. I’d not only walk in these, I’d display them! Here are pairs for every occasion:
1. Diffuse Glitter-Finished Zebra-Print Sandals ($1,095): Look at the colorful print inside of these sandal booties. This is what I mean about the shoes being art – there are so many details that can’t be seen when you’re wearing them!
2. Anouk Lace-Covered Leather Pumps ($950): Animal print, lace, and a rainbow’s worth of color! A recipe for disaster or the perfect storm?
3. Tickle Printed Leather Mule ($895): Adding pink feathers to the mix somehow makes even more sense. If you’re going wild, why not take it all the way?
4. Wheel Loe Angel and Devil Embroidered Leopard-Print Calf Hair Loafers ($850): Definitely not your typical, boring smoking slippers! These leopard-print loafers are topped off by Pruitt’s signature angel and devil pandas.
5. Maui Glossed-Rubber Sandals ($250): The most demure of the line, these sandals are all about the small touches – teal hardware, multi-colored leopard-print insole, and free panda stickers!
Available on Net-a-Porter.