The singular trend that transcended the Spring 2013 runways, from New York to London to Milan to Paris and back again? Graphic black-and-white stripes! The likes of Marc Jacobs and Balmain might be thinking ahead, but there’s no reason you have to wait until their bold lines hit stores months from today. Shop for a snappy two-tone number now and be on trend a season ahead of your friends.
1. Chloé Alice Leather Tote: This roomy doctor’s style top-handle has graphic panels reminiscent of racing stripes, for a swift-moving day look.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,105.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Large Cabas Chyc Leather Tote: The Cabas is never going out of style, and neither is this color combination. I’m loving this new spin on their abstract Y-shaped trim.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,895.
3. Tom Ford Two-Tone Medium Petra Bag: Ever-sexy Ford appreciates the confident starkness of white leather shot with a blast of black. A little padlock is the perfect finishing touch.
At Neiman Marcus for $3,190.
4. Reed Krakoff Atlantique Tote Bag: My favorite bag of the season is strong and decadent in a black-and-white mix of python. The Atlantique doesn’t get more majestic than this.
At Neiman Marcus for $6,990.
5. Fendi Daisy Clutch Bag: Wilder snobs will get plenty of wear out of this mix of herringbone-esque python and stripy, dyed mink, especially sported as a crossbody.
At Neiman Marcus for $1,850.