When it comes to sweaters this season, the chunkier and the softer, the better. The weather cannot get cold fast enough for me, which where I live is basically never. The first day of “fall” brought 100º sultriness in Dallas (not to mention endless ragweed pollen because Mother Nature actually thinks it’s spring). Thankfully, I have many trips planned to cities enjoying cold weather.
Trust I’ll arrive with a suitcase filled with cozy knits. Don’t fear a chunky sweater will make you look chunky – it’s all about proportion play. I love the silhouette of a weighty pullover worn with ultra-skinny jeans. Try our DL1961 x Bag Snob collab for a super-streamlined fit (excuse the shameless plug) or pair one with a skintight, knee-length leather skirt and high booties, for great juxtaposition. All available on Net-a-Porter.
1. Dagmar Liv Merino Wool-Blend Sweater ($300): Stripes get an inspiring – not to mention quirky – reinterpretation with some in a super-touchable, brushed texture.
2. Marc Jacobs Hand-Crocheted Wool-Blend Sweater ($2,300): Key-lime chartreuse is a fabulously unique color, which gets even better in a tile-knit accented knit with metallic silver weave.
3. Étoile Isabel Marant Gladys Mohair and Wool-Blend Sweater ($420): Get a jump on ski-lodge chic with this classic bit of coziness, perfectly cropped and accented with alpaca for modern spice.
4. Chloé Cable-Knit Wool-Blend Sweater ($1,560): An inviting turtleneck looks literally delicious in a pastel blend of mint, icy blue, and sweet pink.
5. Mary Katrantzou Tik Tok Metallic Knitted Sweater ($1,985): Naturally, my favorite is sold out at the moment, so let’s just pray they get more of this brilliantly detailed gem (with a mix of cashmere, mohair, silk, and more) in stock, pronto.
And check out these equally cozy Frugal Snob options, each for under $150:
1. Free People Montmartre Pullover on ShopBop for $138.
2. Free People Chunky Cable Pullover at Free People for $148.
3. Free People Cloud-Pattern Pullover at Free People for $138.
4. Lucky Brand Lucky Brand Meg Open-Stitch Sweater at Nordstrom for $79.50.
5. Topshop Knitted Dip-Dye Chunky Jumper at TopShop for $80.