When I think of stereotypical “sexy” boots, it’s hard not to picture Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, her black patent-leather boots reaching all the way up to her thighs. While Vivian got a 180º makeover, she would have been better off updating her hooker heels for a pair of these genuinely sexy boots. As in, sexy in a not-so demure way. These are “don’t F with me” boots for the diva in you, and we all have her somewhere, even if you don’t always let her show.
1. Damir Doma Black Metal Bar Wedge Boots: If you thought a wedge couldn’t be seductive, check out the badass metal bar curved around the front of these ankle boots. On Ssense for $1,275.
2. Barbara Bui Leopard-Print Calf-Hair Ankle Boots: The spots are drop-dead gorgeous, set off by a fierce silhouette that’s angular in all the right places. On Ssense for $1,200.
3. Dsquared2 Leopard Calf-Hair Wedge Boots: Or go just for a hint of sportiness. Dsquared2’s hot yellow laces announce you’re game for anything. On Ssense for $695.
4. Alexander McQueen Oxblood Leather Buckle Boots: Quintessential McQueen makes for revolutionary sex appeal, and that curved heel brings an edgy-meets-feminine element. On Ssense for $1,360.
5. Tabitha Simmons Abbey Boot: Nobody will mess with you in these moto-inspired stompers, with a shearling-lined panel to keep you warm while you’re kicking butt. At Barneys New York for $2,295.