When it comes to the holidays, there is no such thing as too cheesy. As it goes with the kooky sweater, another December classic, this is the time of year to embrace the tackiness and let your inner cheeseball out. Have fun at holiday parties, get into the spirit (and perhaps the eggnog), and never be the party pooper. From ribbons and bows to sparkle and pop, “gay apparel” is mandatory!
1. Anya Hindmarch Scrooge Metallic Clutch: They say the best gifts come in small packages, don’t they? The name might be Scrooge, but this is all-the-way uplifting. On My Theresa for $494.
2. Overture Judith Leiber Kayla Mini-Clutch: If now isn’t the time to break out the Leiber clutches, then never is. Her little-sis brand brings modern holographic leather to the mix. On BagSnob for $295.
3. Valentino Bow-Detailed Satin Clutch: It simply doesn’t get more festive than a great, floppy red satin bow. All you need is some mistletoe, and you’re good to go. On Net-a-Porter for $447.50 (from $895).
4. Christian Louboutin Elisa Bow-Embellished Suede Clutch: Or take your bow with some functionality. I love the way this decorative detail doubles as a super-chic handle, so you can clutch to your heart’s content. On Net-a-Porter for $1,095.
5. Prada Jeweled Clutch Bag: Emerald enchantment doesn’t just come by way of a lit-up Christmas tree. Prada’s unapologetic way with jewels will trump any star in the room. At Neiman Marcus for $2,110.