With Veterans Day just this last Sunday, I have the armed forces marching through my brain. They have always known the secret to classic convenient design, and you don’t have to go on a top-secret mission to steal the look! Military style structure and army green define these patriotic bags (we’ll leave the hefty duffels to the real soldiers!). Complete your outfit with a little bit of camo like a tank top, or maybe with some big chunky chains. Unlike in the army, the rules of fashion are not strict!
1. Salvatore Ferragamo “Aida Military” Shoulder Bag: The best military style is from the good ‘ol days, and this boxy Ferragamo pays homage to a timeless vintage aesthetic.
At Nordstrom for $1,950.
2. W8 Objects Raw Cut Vegetable Leather Top Handle: An on-the-go look you might see a sergeant sport. Carry all of your battle plans in this top handle messenger bag (with a detachable khaki shoulder strap and internal pouch to boot!).
On Luisa Via Roma for $418.
3. Smythson Mini Elliot Bag: Perfect for a lady cadet! This grainy olive top handle is decorated with gold hardware and a faintly embossed Smythson logo.
At Barneys New York for $1,680.
4. Lanvin Sartorial Shopping Bag: Uncle Sam wants you to grab this green and brown ultra-formal Lanvin shopper and make your way to the stores. We have an economy to support!
At Barneys New York for $1,495.
5. See By Chloé Agathe Leather-Trimmed Canvas Tote: Another shopper, only this time constructed of army-friendly canvas! Wear the shoulder strap and the bag becomes a chic satchel.
On Net-a-Porter for $295.