Forget the poinsettias. To really get in the festive mood, what you need are red bags! (Okay, maybe only one red bag, even though the idea of a bouquet is tempting…) When you’re dealing with the boldest color in the spectrum, it’s best to go classic and minimal and let the hue do the talking. These anti-trendy styles also allow you to bring back the bag year after year. So don’t be afraid to make the investment – and remember, there’s nothing ever wrong with an early Christmas gift for yourself!
1. Marni Burgundy Leather Flap Pocket Shoulder Bag: Pebbled leather looks super-suave when it’s drawn with crisp lines and a clean design. When a shade of red is this ravishing, you don’t want to detract attention. On Ssense for $1,225.
2. Moncreif Perforated Leather Weekend Bag: A winter vacay call for a festive bag that puts spring in your step, no matter how low the temperature dips. Moncrief is understated luxury with a sporty side, and you’ll never lose sight of your luggage in vivid red. On Net-a-Porter for $3,950.
3. Alexander McQueen Punk Skull Shiny Ponyskin Box Clutch: Yes, yes, we’ve seen it a million and two times, but now it’s in pony-hair for increased decadence. And with a mohawk, too! From princess to punk, indulgence is a necessity for everyone this time of year. On Luisa via Roma for $1,925.
4. Lanvin Python Otylie Small Bag: Lanvin’s gone grown-up this season, and you can follow suit. Is their anything sexier than piping-hot python? Plus, with multiple pockets, it’s convenient for holiday shopping. At Barneys New York for $2,490.
5. Delvaux Heure Exquise: A great purchase no matter what you’re doing, this envelope really delivers. It’s a wristlet for running errands, then it becomes your cocktail buddy at night. Whether you get this in red or not, you must just get it, period. At Barneys New York for $1,295.