They say you shouldn’t sweat the small stuff, and that’s particularly easy when you’ve come prepared. A roomy bag is only as good as the stuff you’ve got in it…Well, maybe that’s not entirely true, but the quality of your life is greatly improved when all the little things are in place. Here, five super-functional essentials, scaled-down for your convenience:
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Chalky Liz Phone Box Wristlet: Cute and handy, this itty-bitty wristlet mimics the shape of your iPhone but keeps it encased in a chic, snake-embossed clutch. On Shopbop for $228.
2. Maison Martin Margiela Clip Clutch Wallet: Usually impractical, Margiela goes brilliantly effectual with this wallet. It boasts a foldover coin pouch that doesn’t bulge and interfere with the closing when you actually put coins in it, like so many other leather wallets. On Farfetch for $749.11.
3. Balenciaga Pocket Zip Pouch: You know I’m all about doubling the storage power of clutches and pouches. Balenciaga does it the best way possible: by making it look almost too good to be true. Graphic and strong, this is a minimalist classic. At Barneys New York for $345.
4. Ms. & Mrs. Miniemergency Kit For Her: This little lifesaver has everything you can think of – and some items that you haven’t. A tiny marvel that fits in the palm of your hand, you’ll be shocked so much can fit in this cute little pouch. So perfect as a stocking stuffer! At Sephora for $13.
5. Anya Hindmarch In-Flight Patent Leather-Trimmed Travel Case: Bright and compact, there’s something irresistible about Anya’s cosmetic pouches. Whether for travel or just always in your bag, this is an essential you really can’t function without. On Net-a-Porter for $250.