I’m in the mood to get a little savage. Wilderness calls, and I’m going to answer. But am I going on safari? To put it delicately, hell, no! I’ll take my savagery in the form of an exotic bag that speaks to nature. A bag of exotic skin in all its glory or with a dangerously beautiful adornment will satisfy the need for adventure.
1. Maiyet Ayla Clutch: With pieces crafted from artisans the world over, Maiyet is in touch with their natural instincts. This tribal appliqué brings extreme exoticism to a modernist clutch. At Barneys New York for $1,895.
2. Deborah Barnet Sauvage Ostrich Catch All Clutch: Jane of the Jungle chic? Enjoy ostrich with a rugged touch, with jagged edges worthy of a stage-thumping rock goddess. At Barneys New York for $615.
3. Kenzo Madeleine Tejus-Printed Leather Bag: If you had any doubt that Kenzo’s back with a vengeance, look to this multi-toned convertible bag. Sweet colors lighten up a rough print. On Luisa via Roma for $800.
4. Nancy Gonzalez Soft Flap Crocodile Medium Clutch Bag: Take savage skin with restrained polish if you don’t want to go all out. Nancy is a master at letting crocodile speak for itself. At Neiman Marcus for $1,300.
5. Alexander McQueen Jacquard Dragonfly Knucklebox Clutch: The late, great king of savage beauty himself does the name justice with a clutch as wild as it is graceful. Suddenly, I’m feeling the dragonfly as the next creature du jour. On Luisa via Roma for $2,075.