Put away your slouchy hobo for the time being: it’s hip to be square. You might not be going anywhere, but it’s time to start toting a suitcase: it’s all about structured totes that look like classic luggage. And in some cases (like See by Chloé and The Row), they actually function like a piece of one. I’m not sure how convenient it is to have to zip your bag all around in order to open and close it (NOT!), although this style is more functional than a lunchbox. For the girls who bring their life’s essentials with them wherever they go, your day has come. All available on Net-a-Porter.
1. The Row Small Bowler Leather Tote ($3,700): Sleek and chic: that sums up The Row’s aesthetic, especially when it comes to this smart little suitcase, which would look divine with a Victoria Beckham dress.
2. Marc Jacobs Antonia Leather Tote ($2,295): With sporty glossy leather, this roomy carryall could also double as a super-luxe gym bag. Toss it all in and don’t think twice.
3. See by Chloé Harriet Brushed-Leather Tote ($650): Just a touch of prep and some piping for punctuation make this navy-blue tote a winner. Extra props for the detachable shoulder strap (which you should stow in the bag in case you need to be hands-free).
4. Reed Krakoff Fighter Leather Bowling Bag ($1,690): From the Boxer to the Fighter, Reed loves a bag that knows how to be aggressive. His designs already have the luggage look, but but this rectangular shapes take it literal.
5. Loewe Amazona Leather and Suede Tote ($2,150): Loewe succeeds in bringing a hint of softness to all this structure, thanks to plush suede and light-catching gold hardware.