Kermit had it all wrong. Whether you’re more into high-impact yellow or mighty-potent green, get ready for bright brights this spring. I’m talking retina-searing, almost blinding! The fresh hue of green is traditionally a color signifying growth and renewal in the Spring, but I’m interested in a shade that requires sunglasses. Not quite neon, but not in the warm hunter-green family, either.
It may be slightly shocking at first, but get used to it. You can expect to see everything in green, including glasses and jewelry. So before you become the official color of envy incarnate, grab up a green bag – because (yes, I’m going all out with wordplay today!) the grass is most definitely greener on this side.
1. Marc Jacobs Green Leather Studded Rio Tote Bag: As Tina recently pointed out, Marc is having a major moment all over again, much like his color of choice. Thankfully, the rest of this tote is as simple as can be. On Ssense for $1,195.
2. Michael Kors Gia Ostrich-Effect Leather Shopper: You would think the addition of bumpy texture would be too much, but ostrich succeeds in playing down the effect of a shopper this vivid. On Net-a-Porter for $895.
3. Nancy Gonzalez Crocodile Clutch: If Kelly green feels classic to you, you can no better than a clutch by the croc master. Wear it all season, with everything from lacy white dresses to high-powered suits. On Net-a-Porter for $2,500.
4. Linda Farrow for The Row Sunglasses: Don’t say I didn’t warn you! There’s something unexpectedly appealing about these perfectly round frames. Probably the fact that they are so unique. On Luisa via Roma for $457.
5. Monica Vinader Siren 18-Karat Gold-Vermeil Chrysoprase Earrings: Show ‘em you can match your statement earrings to your statement bag – and look fun and chic doing it, with these striking stones. On Net-a-Porter for $595.