I just got back from Miami a few days ago. I was out there with TRESemmé to checkout some of the Miami Fashion Week Swim shows they worked on and one of my favorites was Agua Bendita (well the hair was one of my favorites as far as collections…Wildfox and Mara Hoffman killed it!). The collection had a punk influence, which inspired the hair look – it was based off of Sienna Miller’s hair at the Met Ball this year. Here’s how to get the look straight from TRESemmé stylist Tyler Laswell who let the team backstage.
- Create a side part diagonally from the front of the hair to the nape of the neck on the opposite side. Dampen the smaller section with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray.
- Apply TRESemmé TRES Mega Firm Control Gel to the same section to give hair a sleek finish.
- Create the illusion of a shaved undercut by twisting this section to the end of the part towards the back of the head. Pull the hair tight and secure with an elastic at the bottom.
- Dampen the opposite untwisted section by applying Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray and TRES Mega Firm Control Gel, then rough dry with fingers for texture.
- Starting at the part, take small sections and twist away from the face creating a tight twist, about 4-5 inches long, and secure with a bobby pin. Repeat the twists along the front, creating about 4, depending on the width of the forehead.
- Use a flatiron to create random bends in the hair and rough up with your fingers for texture.
- Finish with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray and secure hair comb towards the back of the head, on the long twist.
What do you think about this runway look? Would you wear it to the beach?