Embrace the folly, and the jolliness will follow. All the exuberance that comes with the holiday season allows for a sense of play. Go ahead, break the rules and make a fashion faux pas on purpose. When done right, your tongue-in-cheek blunder can be the ultimate exception. Like one of these kitschy clutches: normally they’d be sitting high on the list of “Will Not Be Caught Dead With,” but December is the time to be a little naughty. You won’t get any coal in your stocking, I promise.
1. Matthew Williamson Embellished Suede Clutch: Matthew enjoys walking the line between heinous and gorgeous. Plush red suede and crystals resembling wintry cranberries make this semi-precious sparkler no different. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,400.
2. Kotur Margo Bell-Embellished Tinsel Clutch: Who knew the cheapest of decorations could make the cutest (and silliest) of clutches? Topped with actual jingle bells, this is festive enough to make Santa’s best elf jealous. On NET-A-PORTER for $450.
3. Charlotte Olympia Pandora Perspex Box Clutch: Snobs who insist on maintaining their sense of subtlety will flock to the newly revamped Pandora clutch, now sporting a clasp of leaves and berries. On NET-A-PORTER for $795.
4. Charlotte Olympia Rudolph Suede-Appliquéd Patent-Leather Clutch: Don’t tell the other reindeer! This is the clutch equivalent of a sugar-speckled Christmas cookie, only slightly sweeter. On NET-A-PORTER for $525.
5. Christian Louboutin Sweet Charity Velvet Bag: Forget the halls! Deck your hands with a velvet and diamante-studded shoulder bag that oozes holiday cheer. On Browns Fashion for $1,466.