Tis the time for embellished accessories, but I say, keep your clutch minimal this season. Pouches aren’t just for girls who don’t like to carry real bags (gasp!) and holding makeup anymore. The simple pouch has elevated itself to become the ultimate chic touch. Just be sure to keep the look polished. Pouch clutches you choose – like one of these five picks – have to have more to offer than the average, so it doesn’t look like you’re putting your cosmetic case on double duty.
1. Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Woven Leather and Ayres Clutch: What hasn’t been said about Bottega’s weave? Rich rust red enchants in the form of a modern classic that’s timelessly chic. On Forward by Elyse Walker for $600.
2. Kotur Peter Elaphe Clutch: With diagonal stitching and great texture, this is as neutral as clutches get without lacking in statement-making flair. On NET-A-PORTER for $595.
3. Anya Hindmarch Nevis Zipped Velvet Leather Clutch: If you can’t deal with a lack of organization, Anya Hindmarch as always gives us options with plenty of pockets. And if you can’t stand that tassle, it’s thankfully removable. On Luisa via Roma for $750.
4. Maison Martin Margiela Embellished Faux Suede Clutch: Wearing a galaxy’s worth of subtle metallic sparkles, this pouch is perfect for holiday parties (and far beyond). And don’t forget, NET-A-PORTER is offering free delivery through December 8th. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,185.
5. Pierre Hardy Metallic Leather Clutch: So sleek and slim, this one doubles as an internal pouch. Use it alone to hold all your streamlined essentials or toss it in an oversized tote. On My Theresa for $318.