It’s hard to commit to a white daily bag. We worry they’ll get dirty (because they inevitably do). Is a big white bag hard to carry off in the winter? Even if it’s as pure as the driven snow, the answer is yes!
A winter-white clutch is the answer. Especially in exotic skin or accented with studding. Just look at Karlie Kloss who updated and upgraded her army parka-and-jeans look with Rebecca Minkoff’s Coco clutch, while lunching in New York City on December 15th. It elevates a casual outfit yet feels functional enough to fit seamlessly, even in the light of day. From stark white to buttery cream, here are the five other best clutches of the season. Rebecca Minkoff Coco clutch, $325, at Rebecca Minkoff.
1. Alexander McQueen Punk Skull Clutch: Clearly, there is nothing practical about this dazzlingly decked-out trademark McQueen clutch. And that might just be the thing I love most about it! At Nordstrom for $2,095.
2. B Brian Atwood Leigh Pyramid Frame Snakeskin Clutch Bag: Consider cream the soft-serve alternative to vanilla-flavored bags. And ayers snakeskin for under $400?! I love you, Brian Atwood! At Neiman Marcus for $395.
3. Nancy Gonzalez Slicer Crocodile Clutch Bag: This silhouette is as lean and mean as crocodile gets. Add bright white to the equation and you’ve reached a new level of crisp confidence. At Neiman Marcus for $1,400.
4. 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Minute Bag: Anyone who’s in the know knows this oversized clutch is signature Lim. Anyone who’s really in the know knows white is the boldest choice you can make. On Shopbop for $450.
5. Edie Parker Lara Acrylic Ice Clutch: Ice, ice baby, indeed. This cut of pearly marbleized acrylic is cool enough to turn any hot mama into an ice queen. At Neiman Marcus for $995.