If this season’s “radiant orchid” mauve pinks and warm lavenders are not your thing, you still owe it to yourself to get out of the mid-winter doldrums. Achieve instant perkiness, inside and out, with sunny yellow bags. While buttercup and goldenrod lean towards soft and mild, there is absolutely nothing mellow about these bold yellow shades. So get your vitamin D fix now (and citrusy C too, for that matter), without jetting towards the equator and slathering on the sunscreen.
1. Jason Wu Daphne 2 Textured-Leather Shoulder Bag: Snobs who like their bags on the structured side will appreciate the Daphne 2’s pert silhouette, a fine juxtaposition to a flirtatious shade of leather. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,995.
2. Jil Sander 3 Angle Leather Clutch: This witty mini-sculpture provides a double whammy of shape and punchy color, for the ultimate clutch-able plaything. On NET-A-PORTER for $480.
3. Victoria Beckham Seven Bag: I recently got Victoria’s mini-tote in Acid Lemon, and talk about a traffic-stopper: everyone asks me about this bag when I wear it! In the most uplifting shade of yellow, Ms. Beckham remains as meticulous as they come, with simple yet with arresting details. You can actually turn a VB bag inside out and use it; that’s how well made they are. At Victoria Beckham for $1,850.
4. Givenchy Mini-Antigona Grained Shoulder Bag: For an especially fun kick of yellow, go for Givenchy’s most quintessential style. This shade exudes sun, warmth, and lightheartedness. On Luisa via Roma for $1,595.
5. Elizabeth and James Sling Snake-Effect Leather Backpack: The Olsens have already proven they know their backpacks. Now, in textural snake-embossed leather, they also flaunt their expertise of bright color. On NET-A-PORTER for $645.