There are just two more days left in NYFW (it always goes by quickly!), and so far my skin is taking the arctic NYC temperatures like a champ. Normally, I have a thirteen-step skincare routine, but when you can barely even make time to eat, some steps must fall to the wayside. Moisturizer, of course, is vital no matter what. Here are the ones I trust to keep my skin feeling soft and protected out in the freezing cold…
1. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream: This velvety smooth Parisian drugstore fave offers up to 48 hours of hydration (though I certainly wouldn’t wait that long to cleanse!). At Vichy for $31.
2. Kiehl’s Intense Hydration Ultra Facial Cream: This new formula is out to prove a point – that you don’t need a rich, heavy cream to moisturize during the winter – and it proves its point well. At Kiehl’s for $26.50.
3. Avene Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream: Though if you prefer the feeling of a thick moisturizer, this French mainstay will do the job just as well. On drugstore.com for $24.
4. Hada Labo Tokyo Anti-Aging Hydrator: I’m so obsessed that I bought one for my hubby too! Apply it before any other creams you’re using. It acts like a glue that will bond hydration to your skin. At Ulta for $17.99.
5. L’OCCITANE Shea Ultra Gentle Moisturizer: Licorice extract helps fight redness and skin sensitivity during the harsh winter months. At L’OCCITANE for $42.