Who says you need to be decked out in camouflage to inject a little bit of boot camp chic into your look? Sometimes subtle is the way to go, and sticking with a neutral palette of lush olive, earthy brown, rich hunter green, and all-grown-up mahogany will leave you anything but fatigued. You’ll be surprised how much you stand out with a subtle bag; in a sea of neons, leopard prints, and metallics, you’ll have them at attention in no time with one of these army-inspired bags.
1. Belstaff Hampton Bag: Murky green might usually apply to a soldier’s hideout swamp, but in this case Belstaff has achieved a unique level of casual cool with leather that’s begging to be distressed. At Barneys New York for $1,395.
2. The Row Drawstring Backpack: This is for the tough girl with a glamorous side. Or is it vice versa? Either way, The Row nails this blocked combo of taupe canvas and ready-for-wear leather. At Barneys New York for $3,400.
3. Valextra Credit Card Holder: It’s the little things that count. Swap your bulky wallet for a slim cardholder next time you want to lighten your load. Exclusively at Barneys New York for $240.
4. Delvaux Simplissime N/S Tote: Nubuck combined with calfskin makes for a textural treat that’s light on bold hue and heavy on sophistication. At Barneys New York for $2,650.
5. Saint Laurent Suede Small Lulu Satchel: Saint Laurent was the first to bring safari wear to the forefront of fashion, and this rugged yet polished satchel brings retro YSL to mind. Extra points for the awesome slip-lock closure. At Barneys New York for $1,690.