Who knew cork could be so versatile? This season marks a major comeback for the impermeable, buoyant material. Cork-printed python from Christian Louboutin wins Most Innovative, but I’ve got to give props to Diane von Furstenberg for achieving Most Wearable – would a cork dress make you float? Less is sometimes so much more, especially in the case of Ralph Lauren’s cork belt. Just a touch imbues your look with a sense of summertime groove. But my favorite ways to cork? A chic wedge in the form of Chloé, as well as Holly Fulton’s embossed clutch. Just don’t be kooky about your cork, and limit yourself to one piece at a time, please!
1. Diane von Furstenberg Highline Micro Metallic Cork and Leather Shoulder Bag: Who would expect an all-cork (and totally frugal) shoulder bag to be so chic? Topped with a semi-chunky chain, white leather, and an element of tortoiseshell, it hits all the right notes. On NET-A-PORTER for $165.
2. Christian Louboutin Daffodile Snake-Print Cork Platform Pump: When your cork comes in sexy embossed python, it reveals a wild side. And so does a major hidden platform. On Neiman Marcus for $1,075.
3. Diane von Furstenberg Jeannie Mixed Media Fit & Flare Dress: A black shell top plays down a super-cheeky flippy skirt. Extra points if you add a pop of bold color to the mix. At Nordstrom for $1,400.
4. Lauren Ralph Lauren Woven Straw Belt: Nothing like two organic materials to make you feel like a natural woman, especially when the temperature rises high. At Nordstrom for $42.
5. Chloé Wedge Mule: Avant-garde angles and rustic butterscotch leather makes for a slide-on sandal that’s hyper-modern. On Farfetch for $650.
6. Holly Fulton Cork Clutch: The shape! The texture! The embossed motif! This is the most neutral yet most effective conversation piece I’ve seen in quite some time. On Farfetch for $652.