It takes a lot of work to plan the perfect Thanksgiving. First there is the shopping, then the prep work, the cleaning, the dealing with relatives and after all of that, you have to cook. But what about the perfect Turkey Day outfit? While it might be tempting to showcase that new sparkly pencil skirt—or cocktail dress if your Thanksgiving is a fancier affair—you might regret that decision when constricting clothing deters you from a second piece of pecan pie. With that in mind, here are some dessert-friendly Thanksgiving dresses that don’t require sacrificing class for comfort.
1. M Missoni Crochet-Knit Mini Dress: This mini has every aspect of a great fall dress: The purple color, the turtleneck, the chunky knit material…even better, its loose, swingy fit guarantees that it can hide even the largest of food babies. So dig in…you deserve it! On NET-A-PORTER for $387.
2. Burberry Prorsum Smocked Painted Silk Dress: This Burberry midi screams “elegant Thanksgiving hostess.” The high waist and A-line skirt are slimming, and the brown and burnt orange hues are reminiscent of late fall foliage. At Bergdorf Goodman for $2,395.
3. Diane Von Furstenberg Marsha Color-Block Wrap Dress: Nothing is more becoming than a DVF wrap dress. The front tie creates an hourglass figure, and the full skirt will allow you to lounge comfortably post-dinner, no matter how much you feast. On NET-A-PORTER for $470.
4. Antonio Berardi Stretch-Crepe Midi Dress: “Stretch” is key for any dress you don on a night of carb-loading. Black is always a flattering choice, and the looseness of this dress is balanced out by its cropped length to ensure that it won’t drown petite frames. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,130.
5. Club Monaco Arabella Dress: Two words, elastic waistband. Enough said. On Shopbop for $183.