It’s that time of year again! Time to pay homage to the men in our lives in the best way we know how: by updating his carryall collection. Whether he’s a bag enthusiast or tries to shove everything in his pockets each time he leaves the house, he’s bound to need a new essential piece, including a slick wallet, modern briefcase, or roomy weekender.
1. Bottega Veneta Contrast-Spine Intrecciato Billfold: Your dad (or husband) is cool; he’s not that cool. He’ll appreciate an easy, simple-to-use wallet that has just enough detailing without calling out for too much attention. At Barneys New York for $480.
2. Montblanc Nightflight Leather and Canvas Holdall Bag: This updated take on the briefcase is still traditional enough for those who have a serious job, while the bowler shape brings the style to the current millennium. It’s convenient, to boot, with a front pouch-pocket that’s great for all his devices and cords. On Mr. Porter for $920.
3. Fendi Saffiano Leather Messenger Bag: Men’s second most frequently used bag, after the backpack, is, of course, the messenger. Don’t think it has to be some bohemian creation. Suitable for all, Fendi’s version has mass appeal (even my husband said yes to it!), and more importantly, it’s appealing to you. And remember, there’s no need to tell him it was on sale! At Neiman Marcus for $1,160 (from $1,145).
4. Matchless Gunmetal Silverstone Backpack: Ideal for the man in your life with a case of wanderlust, this adventurer’s backpack, made by the famed motorcycle-maker, has more than enough pockets for all his gadgets and gear. On Ssense for $240 (for $400).
5. Tod’s Nubuck Leather Backpack: Just spacious enough for a 13″ laptop, this stylish yet restrained design speaks to the man who knows what he likes – and doesn’t need everyone else to know. Bonus: Matte nubuck is durable, yet it has the look and comfort of suede. On Mr. Porter for $2,165.
6. Filson Medium Duffel Bag: Everyone can use an all-purpose duffel. Perfectly balanced between rugged and stylish, the twill fabric is waterproof, ensuring this to be perfect for travel while doubling as a gym bag. At Neiman Marcus for $345.