For those of you who didn’t think such a list is possible, think again. As for most of you who know a substantial list of under-$100 bags is feasible but are savvy enough to remember that no one said anything about those bags being chic, cute, covetable, or remotely expensive-looking, well, here’s one to change your mind! We’ve scoured all the stores to find a tightly edited group of 10 bags that are all that and more. Long live the frugal Snobs in all of us!
1. Croft Bag: Inexpensive doesn’t mean you have no choice but to go for a youthful vibe. Solid structure and ladylike design speak of nothing but polish. I can see this dangling from Taylor Swift’s delicate arm. At Need Supply Co. for $68.
2. & Other Stories Leather Bowling Bag: I love the tough-meets-sweet color combo of black and pale pink, and this daily bowling bag will never go out of style. At & Other Stories for $59 (from $195).
3. & Other Stories Small Faux Snake Shoulder Bag: Nothing like a little bit of red snakeskin (So what if it’s faux? We can’t carry real python all the time) to turn the attitude of your outfit up a few notches. At & Other Stories for $53 (from $175).
4. & Other Stories Faux Shearling and Leather Clutch: H&M offshoot & Other Stories does it again with the perfect rugged winter clutch. They’ve also managed to make a functional wristlet strap look cool, thanks to the symmetrical placement. At & Other Stories for $43 (from $85).
5. Adidas by Stella McCartney Canvas Gym Bag: We love a gym bag that can double as a casual weekender or a sporty carryon and this roomy canvas tote does that and more. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $53 (from $76).
6. The Cambridge Satchel ‘The Tiny’ Crossbody Bag: It may have had a big moment last year, but have no doubt: the Cambridge Satchel’s bags are still a strong frugal staple. On Farfetch for $100.51.
7. Soeur Sac 3 Tote: Snap up this summery woven north-south tote, priced nicely under a hundred bucks, and make like you picked it up on your last jaunt to St. Bart’s. At Barneys New York for $95.
8. Nasty Gal Passing the Bucket Bag: Consider this little dark cherry-colored treat your companion when you’re ready to have a rowdy night out – and you don’t want to destroy one of your more investment-ready favorites. At Nasty Gal for $38.
9. Zara Mini Embossed City Bag: Zara has done it again: They’ve produced a bag that’s not only eerily reminiscent of much higher end variation but one that looks just as great. At Zara for $40 (from $70).
10. Rebecca Minkoff Leo Striped Faux Leather Envelope Clutch: Last but not least, no frugal find list would be complete without Rebecca Minkoff. I love this slim envelope clutch for its sleek design and amped-up stripes. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $95.