Winter dressing can be a real downer, especially when you’re navigating the New York City sidewalks and temperatures are barely hitting the above-freezing mark. Enter Vanessa Hudgens for some mid-winter style inspiration. She was spotted in the city on Tuesday, after stopping by SiriusXM Studios, in a look that’s color-blocking perfection.
Pairing her beloved J Brand Ashbury patch-pocked flares (this is the third time she’s been seen wearing them) with Céline’s Micro Luggage tote in shades of khaki, a casually-belted camel trench, a cozy scarf, and a pop of red sweater peeking out from underneath. As for her bare toes, well, that’s when a car and driver come in handy!
1. Mother of Pearl Striped Leather and Suede Shopper: While you can’t go wrong with Céline, your colorblocked tote can be equally cute (like this original mixed-material shopper) without being a knockoff. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $423 (from $705).
2. Current/Elliott The Low Bell Jeans: The seventies are still going strong, so take your bells with extra flare. On Shopbop for $248.
3. Opening Ceremony Belted Trench Coat: A wool-blend trench coat isn’t just neutral. It’s a classic winter staple that’s ideal for layering. On Farfetch for $438 (from $730).
4. Faith Connexion Classic Scarf: Like Vanessa, every girl should have an oversized black scarf in her winter wardrobe. On Farfetch for $102 (from $146).
5. T by Alexander Wang Long-Sleeved T-Shirt: Forget the plain white tee. The plain red tee is so much more powerful. On Farfetch for $119 (from $170).
6. Schutz Amatista Platform Sandals: A cork platform may feel summery, but balanced out with nude suede, it’s the answer to platform jeans any time of year. On Shopbop for $200.
Photo Credit: Splash News