Maybe it’s delirium from the heat, but summertime is when I like to get experimental and wear things I never thought I would. Going for something that surprises even yourself is a move guaranteed to make for some fun vacation photos of the “What was I thinking?” variety, but hey, playing it safe only ensures boredom in life. Get out of your shell and throw caution to the wind!
1. Pleats Please Issey Miyake Puchi Puchi Bubble Tote: You know that gleeful feeling you used to get stomping on bubble wrap when you were a kid? This semi-clear pink tote is the grown-up equivalent. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $381.
2. Loewe Puzzle Small Transparent Bag: Got nothing to hide? Let them snoop! Loewe’s architectural Puzzle bag packs even more of a visual punch in see-through form. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,432.
3. Sarah’s Bag Cocktails and Dreams Wooden-Box Clutch: Cocktails and dreams: Isn’t that what the summer’s all about? This box is a conversation-launching still life that’s ready to make moves with you. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,209.
4. Stella McCartney Heart Falabella Wicker Crossbody Bag: This heart-shaped style is still one of my favorites from Stella, and in wicker for summer, it’s a fresh, new favorite all over again. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,132.
5. Mary Katrantzou Multicolored Polka-Dots Acrylic Box Clutch: This colorful clutch is just like a bag of gourmet candy, except way more attention-grabbing. Better yet, you just might want to carry it all season long, and the sugar rush will last through August. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,771.
6. Anya Hindmarch Rainbow Leather Backpack: If this ’70s-inspired backpack doesn’t make you smile just a little, then you might be running low on serotonin. Which is exactly while a rainbow slung over your shoulder is in order! On MATCHESFASHION.com for $1,994.
7. Sanayi 313 Chachacha Raffia-Trimmed Canvas Tote: This bag proves loud color isn’t required to have a good time. A strong shot of natural raffia makes for a risk that pays off. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $665.