Decadence is in the air for spring, and this time, flamboyant flats are taking center stage. It’s not just about bright and bold colors – animal prints abound on strap-happy sandals you can wear all day. Everywhere I turn, I’m finding flats with a dose with of exotic intrigue, a trend I can really stand up to (pun intended).
Wear a pair to liven up a casual outfit or coordinate them with your more outgoing ensembles. Either way, wild things like these are bound to get a lot of wear. With options galore, there’s no reason to miss out on getting in touch with your animal instincts – even Frugal Snobs will approve of these picks.
1) Marni Animal-Print Calf-Hair Sandals: Marni does offbeat so effortlessly. In Dalmatian-spotty calf-hair, these chunky, buckled straps look fresh and fun. On Net-a-Porter for $400.
2) Alexandre Birman Python and Leather Sandals: This isn’t your run-of-the-mill flip-flop. No, when a flatteringly elegant thong is outfitted in orange python, you’ve got yourself a pair of sizzling sandals. On Net-a-Porter for $495.
3) Chie Mihara Wilona Snake-Print Leather Sandals: Strong neutrals come together with ease, thanks to a fluid collection of skinny straps. Wear these with other natural tones for smooth, organic look. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $370.
4) Manolo Blahnik Susa Sandal: This of Manolo’s take as the luxe lovechild of Alexandre’s thong and Chie Mihara’s sandal. Sweet snakeskin like this has the best of both worlds. At Barneys New York for $795.
5) Cocobelle Luna Snakeskin Sandals: Painlessly priced, snake-stamped leather has all the appeal of pricier versions and comes with none of the guilt! Pale gray faux python looks great with a sweep of an asymmetrical strap. On ShopBop for $110.