So the words “spring break” and “backpack” might bring to mind days of being an 18-year-old running off to wet ‘n’ wild Cabo to do body-shots, but let’s put a different spin on the idea. After making it through February, I know we could all use a little rest and relaxation in the sun (if you choose to call it spring break, that’s your prerogative), and a slightly more refined – but still fun – crop of casual spring backpacks makes for easy, quick-moving travel.
1) Pierre Hardy Contrast Leather-Trimmed Neoprene Backpack: Sun-drenched shades of neon bring on a lighthearted mood, and when neoprene is trimmed in leather, it’s sporty-meets-swish style. On Net-a-Porter for $1,650.
2) Jas M.B. Super-Soft Leather Backpack: Wear this classic double-pocket backpack in an unexpected way: as a messenger bag. In cool mint-green or deep cobalt, either hue will look fresh and fun with summer brights. On Luisa Via Roma for $531.
3) Duluth Denim Backpack: Headed somewhere rugged for your trip? Duluth’s soft denim-and-leather rucksack, with relaxed drawstring closure, is timeless relaxed for a city-meets-dirt-road vibe. At Barneys New York for $625.
4) Tory Burch Kailey Top Handle Backpack: Tory’s lightly nautical take screams vacation. Use this canvas bag (with a detachable shoulder-strap) to pack extra bathing suits and sunny-day accessories. On ShopBop for $355.
5) Diane von Furstenberg Printed Canvas and Leather Backpack: I’m loving the way Diane is appropriating her way with prints to bags at the moment. Mix this stripy floral bag with a boldly solid sundress or a contrast-printed swimsuit. On Net-a-Porter for $295.