Fur bags are an inevitability this time of year. And although it makes no physiological sense to provide your bags with warmth, especially fuzzy, furry, luxurious warmth, the look certainly does feel right for the season. Shearling has come a long way over the past several fall seasons, and some of it even reads like fur-fur. Whether you prefer to take yours subtle or decadent, here are my favorites of the season, for all personalities and functionalities:
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim Medium Wednesday Boston Satchel: Phillip is smart and savvy when it comes to outfitting his bags in fur. His curly-shearling black Wednesday bag (inspired by Wednesday Adams) exudes downtown-cool. On Farfetch for $1,705.
2. Loeffler Randall Mini Ryder Satchel: Just a panel of fuzz, surrounded by equally toasty yet far more restrained gray felt is a great compromise for more sensible Snobs. Luckily, there’s nothing overly conservative about this design. On Farfetch for $483.
3. Fendi Baguette Shearling Fur Monster Bag: On the flipside, Fendi’s latest editions of their Monster bag, beloved by street-style stars and editors alike, will ensure you and your fierce buddy are the talk of the town. At Neiman Marcus for $3,500.
4. Ralph Lauren Shearling Fur Bucket Bag: Sumptuous, silky, and silvery gray, Ralph Lauren’s chain-link-trimmed drawstring style is as comfortable on your arm as it is easy on the eyes. At Neiman Marcus for $4,500.
5. Reed Krakoff RDK Shearling Hobo Bag: If all things modern and minimalist are more your speed, look to Reed’s refined hobo. A single, simple racing stripe adds plenty of intrigue to this soft yet angular shoulder bag. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,990.