At the start of every winter, I find myself excited for my favorite cold weather-ready fabrics to re-enter my wardrobe. Tweed, herringbone, and houndstooth: it’s all so cozy, and there’s an instant sense of sophistication that come with these textures. Every year, they feel new again, and this year, they’ve arrived in the form of footwear, which makes them feel that much more refreshing.
Why relegate winter fabrics to coats? Nubby, tactile, grown-up texture breathes new life into shoes for plenty of dimension and pattern-play, which makes getting dressed easier. Let your feet do all the fancy work, while keeping it simple and neutral everywhere else.
1. MSGM Tweed Pumps: The only thing that could make touchable, crosshatched texture even more inviting is a great color palette, and this bright-against-neutral combo is super-striking. On shoescribe.com for $518.
2. Duccio Venturi Bottier Ponyskin and Leather Mary Jane Pumps: Varnished-effect pony hair feels totally luxe, and this ladylike pump, complete with skinny strap accents, is pure polish. On shoescribe.com for $595.
3. Stella McCartney Corinne Fabric Flatform Loafers: A chunky flatform sole plus a slide-on sneaker style plus a cool tweed-inspired weave equals an easy, comfy shoe that’s right on-trend. On MATCHESFASHION.com for $511.
4. Lanvin Tweed-Print Calf-Hair and Leather Ankle Boots: If you want the elegance of tweed but don’t want to get all “lady who lunches,” a cap-toed ankle boot is a genius compromise. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,640.
5. MICHAEL Michael Kors Elisa Houndstooth Calf-Hair Pumps: Classic. Timeless. Punchy. Strong. Oh, and frugally priced! This houndstooth pump checks off the boxes of all the above. On NET-A-PORTER for $155.