Do you ever feel like you’re being watched? Maybe it’s because there are suddenly too many bags to count out there with eyes of their own! From the subtle and sophisticated to the unapologetically campy, I’ve narrowed it down to just five gaze-worthy bags. But even with five, I can promise you’ll still get an eyeful. So how do you feel about this trend that’s big on eye contact?
1. Fendi Roll Leather Shopper: I’m loving Fendi’s refined take on their Bag Bug theme. A pair of almost-dangerous yellow eyes is just the pop of color your simple black shopper tote needs. On My Theresa for $1,350.
2. Anya Hindmarch Maxi Zip Embossed-Leather Shoulder Bag: These cartoonish, googly peepers, juxtaposed against a grown-up French blue shoulder style, will make you smile every time you lock eyes with them. On NET-A-PORTER for $995.
3. Sylvia Toledano X-Pop Girl Swarovski Crystal-Embellished Clutch: The Pop Art-inspired pick of the bunch casts a gaze that’s slightly more mysterious than the rest, but it’s the sparkle that makes this clutch evening-appropriate. On NET-A-PORTER for $2,165.
4. Koku Fay Appliquéd Neon Canvas Tote: So these aren’t exactly eyes, but who’s to say what lies beneath these kitschy shades? Take this durable canvas tote to the beach with a pair of your own designer sunnies. On NET-A-PORTER for $190.
5. Manish Arora Eye Patchwork on Leather Backpack: A kooky patchwork rendering in hot neon on a white leather backpack adds up to early ‘90s-inspired fun. Wear this with a sporty monochrome-black look to increase the cool factor. On Luisa via Roma for $583.